Hooray! Not that I know anything, but Hope just seems right to me -- being close to family roots. Now how long before you two retire to Grand Rapids, and LN gets a job as a librarian at Alma?
I doubt it will be Alma--she's excited about the opportunities for reference and instruction not only at small liberal arts colleges but research universities as well. Michigan? Michigan State? Western?? Who knows, but Baylor has offered her an interview on Friday. We'll see what comes of that.
Wow! Could you forward my message to Jenny? I am at Hope, too (Communication) and a year ahead of Jenny at Oberlin. She'd remember my name..and my family's from the Wooster area. Teresa Heinz Housel
Teresa, I know Jenny remembers you (Ellen does too). She'll undoubtedly contact you once she comes up for fresh air--things are pretty overwhelming right now. I also know that you shadowed a dear, dear colleague/friend of ours, MS, when he was still at Wooster. We're honorary grandparents to his adorable kids.
Wow, I thought MS was great! I see him at NCA. He so wanted to come to Hope and I think it would have been perfect for him. We had a temp position and I talked to my chair, but the position wasn't a good fit for him. It is always amazing me to how small the world is when paths collide. I know Jenny will love Hope. Do you know Jim Herrick at Hope?
I know the Herricks through IVCF. For a few years I staffed (volunteer basis) the Wooster chapter and went to the regional staff meetings. A couple of years those were at Hope and I met them there and had contact a few other times. J can anticipate some pretty fantastic colleagues.
7 Comments:
At 8:37 AM,
Anonymous said…
CONGRATULATIONS JENNY!
At 9:27 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hooray! Not that I know anything, but Hope just seems right to me -- being close to family roots. Now how long before you two retire to Grand Rapids, and LN gets a job as a librarian at Alma?
At 9:41 AM,
Barb said…
I doubt it will be Alma--she's excited about the opportunities for reference and instruction not only at small liberal arts colleges but research universities as well. Michigan? Michigan State? Western?? Who knows, but Baylor has offered her an interview on Friday. We'll see what comes of that.
At 7:25 PM,
Freo said…
Wow! Could you forward my message to Jenny? I am at Hope, too (Communication) and a year ahead of Jenny at Oberlin. She'd remember my name..and my family's from the Wooster area.
Teresa Heinz Housel
At 7:47 PM,
Anonymous said…
Teresa, I know Jenny remembers you (Ellen does too). She'll undoubtedly contact you once she comes up for fresh air--things are pretty overwhelming right now. I also know that you shadowed a dear, dear colleague/friend of ours, MS, when he was still at Wooster. We're honorary grandparents to his adorable kids.
At 8:12 PM,
Freo said…
Wow, I thought MS was great! I see him at NCA. He so wanted to come to Hope and I think it would have been perfect for him. We had a temp position and I talked to my chair, but the position wasn't a good fit for him. It is always amazing me to how small the world is when paths collide. I know Jenny will love Hope. Do you know Jim Herrick at Hope?
At 9:11 PM,
Anonymous said…
I know the Herricks through IVCF. For a few years I staffed (volunteer basis) the Wooster chapter and went to the regional staff meetings. A couple of years those were at Hope and I met them there and had contact a few other times. J can anticipate some pretty fantastic colleagues.
Post a Comment
<< Home