All Good Gifts...
...come from above. This post will be a little less idealistic than had I written it two days ago when I was dreaming it up while sitting on my sun-dappled deck, looking out at the lush lawn (with only a few holes), at the finished mulching, at the flowers just coming into their glory, at the birds of many more varieties than usual (probably because of all the grass seek we scattered repeatedly), books and computer at the ready, glass of ice tea sitting nearby. I was anticipating the arrival of so many people I love. The next day I cleaned the house and put out fresh vases of flowers. I got maybe 800 more words written for the first chapter (each agonizing, I must admit) and cranked out 1000 for my genre-confused tribute/roast/devotional for tonight's pre-wedding party/worship service. Now all the people but four are here (and they are due in within the hour), and we've had other drop-by alumni guests as well. Now each person's conversation either goes on simultaneously (to outdo or at least be heard above the others --jockying for position, one of my good friends used to call it), the suitcases and sleeping bags and computers fill the previously uncluttered areas, the Rubbermaid buckets of playmobiles have been dumped out (on tonight's sleeping area in the basement), we're trying to wash the outside upper windows with not a whole lot of success--I needed Chuck for this job, and we're anticipating many last minute things to do prior to the alumni gathering and Julie and Jon's pre-wedding party, both tonight. A little more realisitic, but still good.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home