Another sign of the season

This is how Chuck dressed for class yesterday (only he was standing upright, of course--another skill I don't have, how to flip a picture). The hype is beyond belief, with trailers on the TV station broadcasting the game giving a countdown in hours, minutes and seconds to the start of the game. Since it's a little early yet to claim "game of the century," we'll just settle for an old and fun rivalry with U of M fans as second column in the foreign country of Ohio. He got razzed, but he gave some razzing too. Go Blue!

8 Comments:
At 9:18 AM,
Barb said…
Oh, how do you like that?! It flipped itself :)
At 10:35 AM,
Anonymous said…
One of my colleagues -- a former OSU undergrad and grad student -- wore a shirt showing her loyalty yesterday...
Hail to the Victors!!
P.S. About flipping pictures, the camera software should have a mechanism to do so, though it's nice that Blogger did it for you.
At 5:26 PM,
Ellen said…
I actually need to get myself some Michigan gear. I resorted to wearing my Cedar Campus shirt today just because it was the only thing that said "Michigan" on it. :)
At 6:28 PM,
Anonymous said…
Dad keeps saying how ironic it would be if we all became Wolverines....I'll believe it when I see it, but yes, that would be happily surreal. It's not looking so good right now for them, however (6:20 p.m.).
At 7:58 PM,
Anonymous said…
I also am wearing non-UM gear today. I decided on my (blue) Cambridge sweatshirt rather than my (red) W&J one when I got up this morning.
An exciting game, but an unfortunate outcome.
At 1:11 PM,
Anonymous said…
I blame the loss on the UM fellow who helmet-pushed the ?? out of bounds when he was going out of bounds anyhow. Michigan would have gotten the ball back then, but instead tha penalty allowedd OSU to get a first down and a touchdown.
At 7:07 AM,
John Schaefer said…
You know, it was a really great game. I was watching it with a die-hard Michiganer, and even he had to admit that OSU has some incredible talent. I thought Henne could have been a bit more focused (and that's the home-field advantage, right?), but otherwise it was a tremendous game, one of the best I've ever seen.
At 8:51 AM,
Anonymous said…
I take it, John, that you didn't have to put Rachel and baby safely into a bedroom to rest while you watched this game with your diehard Michigan fan friend. That is exactly what happened to Jenny and me for our first OSU/U of M game. We came home from the hospital just in time....I guess the game back then was after Thanksgiving because she was born the day before. Maybe Elijah will be as well...waiting to hear the news :) And I agree about the quality of play. OSU deserved to win....thankfully it's just a game. And I guess Arkansaw is still in the running for the national championships.
Post a Comment
<< Home