Writing on Reading

Monday, October 31, 2005

Signs of the Season

On my way to the downtown postoffice this morning before work (note to self: try to avoid the postoffice at 8:30 a.m. on Mondays from now on), I noticed that the annual Christmas banners are now hanging from the lightposts on Wooster's main streets. Today is Halloween. Hmm. What about Thanksgiving? I know that the stores anticipate the seasons, but the town fathers and mothers?? However, Karen is even better at anticipating. Last night, she told me just how she wants to dress up for Halloween 2006. Sigh. H-ween has never been my favorite holiday, but at least most adults who want to continue the celebration can do so on their own (I'm thinking of a favorite Atlanta nephew in this regard :)). We have 365 days to reach a compromise between her exuberance and my bah-humbug. In the meantime, I guess I'd better get cracking on my Christmas shopping if I want to have it completed before Advent--my usual but elusive goal. Thank goodness for amazon.com.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    I have some ideas about Christmas (or possibly my birthday) if you'd like to hear them... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home