Movie Recommendation
Since I go to movies maybe twice a year and spend my cultural capital at kids' movies with Karen to boot, this is not the blog to come to for movie recommendations. However, I'll risk my non-reputation by recommending "Wallace and Gromit: Case of the Were-Rabbit." Our whole family became W/G fans ten years ago when introduced to the zany pair by dear friends in Cambridge (England). One reason we like them so well is that their humor works on so many levels and appeals to all of us. Karen roars at the slapstick and the rest of us enjoy the subtle visual and verbal puns. (Not that the rest of us don't like the slapstick as well.) Anyhow, if you need to find a way to spend a dreary, blustery, rain-spitting fall afternoon, try Wallace and Gromit. The NYTimes gave it rave reviews as well, just in case that matters to you :) Reuben, if you're reading this, take note: You don't have much time before the kids in your family will outnumber the adults and Lucas will be getting the jokes as well. Take Tina now!

6 Comments:
At 4:45 PM,
Barb said…
Sorry for the double entry. Last night, when I wrote #1, it showed 0% posting and when I checked this afternoon, it wasn't there, so I re-wrote it. Then when dad checked, there were two. Ah, the mysteries of the internet. I can't figure out how to delete a post either. I need my daughters!! :)
At 9:43 AM,
Anonymous said…
Actually, our plan was to ditch Callum (poor guy!) and take Lucas with us. We have only a few weeks left!
At 7:11 PM,
Anonymous said…
Enjoy!! I'm sure you will. Karen is asking to see it again. How is everyone doing there and have you had a chance to visit with J and J??
At 9:34 AM,
Anonymous said…
Things are going great! We're at two weeks minus a day now.
We all had Sunday lunch with J&J, but other than that, we weren't able to get together more. There was a fam. dinner last night that we couldn't make.
At 4:25 PM,
Anonymous said…
Believe it or not, your # 3 is not the first baby we are awaiting of the six we Ohio Hamptons anticipate between now and April. "Our" Andrew's (Mark and Beth's adopted Korean charmer to whom we are honorary grandparents) brother or sister is now ten days overdue. S/he will be a Halloween pumpkin if not arriving between now and Monday. Then there's yours, Brian and Steph's due essentially the same time as Emily and Alex's, Lyn and Will's in February and Tony and Andrea's in April. I will be in that netherworld between joy for everyone and sorrow at the reality that there are no OH next generation babes in anything except hopes--times six! Anyhow, I hope you and Tina and Lucas do get to see W&G and that your dad does well on his midterm in the midst of company :):)
At 7:47 PM,
Anonymous said…
P.S. Meghan Elizabeth Steiner arrived this morning :)
Post a Comment
<< Home