Writing on Reading

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Rehearsal Day



Since I now send short updates on Facebook, I feel less inclined to use this blog. But it must have a record of Ellen's wedding, for sure, so here are three (I can only manage two pictures per post). These are of the rehearsal dinner at the hangar where Kelly's "learning-to-fly" plane, Gracie Bird, lives with the rest of the Wings for Christ folk. We gave Kelly's sons gifts with a flight theme from the Hampton family and one picture is of the younger one, Joey, giving Karen a thank you hug. The second is of the Tall Hamptons (minus Lyn who was not feeling well and so was unable to attend, much to the sorrow of us all) interspersed with the Short Hamptons (minus Karen, who was probably following around a kid or two), otherwise known as the Georgia Hamptons and the Ohio (or the Family Formerly Known as The Ohio) Hamptons. Kelly's family provided the northern style cookout, all out of town guests gathered, sang a traditional Baptist hymn and enjoyed the food and each other on a beautiful evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home