First Spring/Summer outing on the Last Day of Winter
Yesterday after ESL, another teacher and I took three of our young women students (along with the kindergarten daughter of one of them) to Meijer Botanical and Sculpture Garden (www.meijergardens.org) for lunch and exploring the butterfly exhibit. I had attended a dinner outing at Meijer Garden with my Calvin seminar class last summer and had been entranced by the place, so I used this visit to purchase a family/guest membership. The weather had retreated from the 70 degrees we had had on Tuesday to the upper thirties, but the spring flowers had taken over one of the greenhouse rooms and buds were poking up outside. It won't be long until flowers take over the place! In the meantime, we had to jockey for position with school classes in the butterfly sanctuary, hot and tropical and wildly colorful and fascinating. Next week is Calvin's spring break, so we can bring Karen to see the butterflies and soak our souls in all that loveliness. And if you come to visit--please do--with our guest pass, we can bring you to the Meijer Gardens too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home