Season of Bounty
A columnist in the GR Press today claimed that this summer has been one of the best ever in recent memory--in fact, he said that all four past seasons were distinct and wonderful. I can't say anything about fall, winter and spring, but summer has been glorious. Here's some evidence from my camera yesterday. The petunia baskets stand guard at a florist/nursery a mile and a half north of us and are just a taste of the petunias on the roof, along the walls, surrounding the grounds. I also rediscovered the Fulton St. Farmers' Market near where I grew up as a child. Karen and I enjoyed our trip there yesterday. I have been freezing a dozen ears of corn each of the last few weeks so we can taste summer in February.

1 Comments:
At 12:15 PM,
Lyn said…
Oh wow AB, wish I was there with you. Beauuuuutiful. It's too hot here now for a petunia to survive. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home