O, Mousie, Where Art Thou?
We thought we had our mouse problem licked, really we did. However, occasionally in the last couple of weeks there was irrefutable evidence that we did not. It was the occasional part that baffled us. Finally, I got C to set the traps again but they yielded nothing. Then Thursday morning, an apple sitting in the dish of fruit I keep out on the counter had many mousie bites in it. We moved the traps upstairs to the kitchen, but again nothing. Then yesterday morning, C noticed a strip of light coming from under the door to the garage (he had shaved off some of the door after our new, thicker carpeting had been installed and put a carpet guard on it so opening and closing it wouldn't snag the carpet). Oh, maybe the mouse was just coming in from the garage when it was hungry. He readjusted that guard and set the traps outside the door in the garage itself. When I checked the ordinary places this morning, no evidence of mousie and the traps were still untouched. Hmmm, maybe we had solved the problem. Then I saw the tomatoes sitting on the windowsill in the kitchen. Mousie had been enjoying the late summer bounty last night. Then, when we came home from church, all the traps had been sprun--but no guilty party. Now what??? A rat or a chipmunk in the garage? Oh, Ruberad, where didst thou purchase those new, better mousetraps that had turned the tide in your battle? Not at WalMart, that's for sure. Please send news of reinforcements soon!

3 Comments:
At 11:22 AM,
Anonymous said…
It happened to be a Rite-Aid drugstore, although I doubt that that fact will be helpful to you... Try maybe a hardware store?
At 6:09 PM,
Anonymous said…
We are getting a new and improved Rite-Aid, so maybe it carries the new and improved mousetrap. I'll send the trusty posse to check it out.
At 10:14 PM,
Anonymous said…
So, while I was at work tonight helping students decipher their assignment sheets and coax them over writing blocks, Mr. Mousie crept up from the basement to the kitchen--so figures C who was grading papers in the next room--and snap! He is no more. Old-fashioned traps still. We will reset them just in case he has a sibbling, but we hope this is THE END.
Post a Comment
<< Home