"Chantilly Lace"
That oldy-but-goody was ringing in my ears as I left Curves this morning. I have reached one summer goal: a decent (I won't judge them as "good" yet) draft of three chapters of the potential book. My admiration for Wooster's seniors who grind out an I.S. has jumped measurably. Sixty-five hard won pages--that's only averaging a page a day! Now for two intensive days I can turn my attention to FYS preparation, including annotating and taking reading journal notes on the student summer reading, "Reading Lolita in Tehran." (I've read it twice, but must take these notes. The author is coming to town in Sept. and all the incoming students must write their first paper on the book.) Before a quick, unexpected but potentially happy trip to G.R. at mid-week, I have this work to do, some unexpected guests (of the honorary kids variety), and just getting ready for our week in CA. I'll bring Karen back with me when I return from G.R. but I doubt I'll have that oldy CD playing in the car.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home