"Be Still, My Soul!"
The Hamptons are unexpectedly in another waiting period for some potentially good news (Can't share it publically yet--it may not work out). However, the waiting is stretching out more than we had anticipated a couple of days ago and was preceeded by various deep disappointments during this last school year. That's why, when I was in tears this morning while running some of the Friday errands, our public radio's playing of Sibelius' "Finlandia" was just what I needed (surely, the Lord knew...). When I got home, I pulled out a hymnal and refreshed my memory of the words to "Be Still, My Soul." I could even still play it on the piano.
Be still, my soul! the Lord is on thy side;
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul! thy best, thy heav'nly Friend
Thro' torny ways leads to a joyful end.
P.S. On a much lighter note, no further evidence around here of any mice of any size. We're closing the book on this episode of home-owning.
Be still, my soul! the Lord is on thy side;
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul! thy best, thy heav'nly Friend
Thro' torny ways leads to a joyful end.
P.S. On a much lighter note, no further evidence around here of any mice of any size. We're closing the book on this episode of home-owning.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home