Writing on Reading

Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Common Grace of Spring

I know as well as the rest of you that spring renewal and resurrection newness are not one in the same. Nevertheless, I am grateful for spring, which has arrived this week in northern Ohio. Most of my daffodils are already fading, but the forsythia and the pear trees are at their new best, not yet their peak. Chuck has mowed the grass once and I have transplanted some hostas. I have filled a couple of small vases with grape hyacinths and tete-a-tete daffodils and pear blossoms for inside the house. It will only get better and better with my (early) lilacs coming on and the flowering crabs and cherries due to peak just at graduation (and Mother's Day) a month from now. My favorite weeks in Wooster. Even those who do not know Jesus can feel the grace of God in the soft wind and gentle showers and renewed beauty--also reasons for praise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home