Writing on Reading

Friday, January 27, 2006

Two Hundred and Fifty

It's been all Mozart all day as I scrape wallpaper from the bathroom. Our wonderful NPR stations, WKSU, is celebrating the 250th anniversary of Mozart's birth as probably many other stations are. Without the music, I may not have persisted as long as I did. This job is not as easy as the adhesive remover bottle advertises. We may break down and rent a steamer for 24 hours. I'm perhaps a third done with all the tedious cleanup not counted in that estimate. The job has to be done and the walls painted by the time for the WCF Super Bowl party in two weeks, but working days are quite limited.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    P.S. Saturday evening, many man and woman hours and a steamer-rental later: don't start on such a project if you are faint of heart. What a lot of work! Chuck must fill the holes in the plaster he made scraping off the bottom layer of paint (which we thought was the backing of the wallpaper), before that I must wash all the surfaces down, and then next weekend we will paint (will we need to prime first, that is the question?). We ought to sleep well tonight!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home