Writing on Reading

Friday, December 21, 2007

When seasons collide



It seems appropriate to post this on the last day of fall. The leaves will be haunting us until spring. So (if I can post two pictures on one post), here are the leaves that fell after the second pickup just before Thanksgiving, carpeting our deck beautifully. The city promised a third pickup. The students returned to rake again. Then we had a snowfall. After that one had nearly melted, I raked in several shorter sessions and got everything (including a good portion of our neighbor's front yard) down to the street. Then came another, more substantial, snowfall. The hearty city folk persisted, wanting to finish picking up by Christmas. The leaf truck came around Tuesday but what I had raked to my neighbor's street was so scattered out that they did not perceive there to be leaves under the snow. Therefore, as the snow melts all that hard work will just scatter around our yard for weeks....(plus what is still falling in our own yard). Has there ever been a season like this? Or do I just care more this year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home