Writing on Reading

Friday, July 29, 2005

Patience and Paragraphs

Remember that old saying, "Please be patient. God isn't finished with me yet"? Well, I have to ask you to be patient because I am not finished with paragraphing yet. I mean, I wrote the entries with paragraphs, but pushing the publish post button has the magic effect of deleting them. Ellen has not had the time, as a fully-employed bookstore salesperson, to figure out what has gone wrong and to fix it. In the meantime, I hope you can use your detective skills to figure out where an English prof would put the paragraph divisions she thinks in. Not always so easy in these long-ish essays. Thanks! P.S. This entry has only one, so you're off the hook.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am now attempting to comment (using the "Other" option under "Choose an identity". We'll see whether this works or not...

    I am enjoying your posts, Mom, though I will probably have to go back and re-read them several times. There's sooooo much there!

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    You've got your paragraphs back now, mom. Somehow your "convert line breaks" setting was set to "no" - I don't know why, as I think the default is "yes". Oh well, it's fixed now.

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Barb said…

    Thanks, Ellen, (and Jenny too, who was going to try to help between packing boxes). You're (that would be plural) the best!!

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger Bruce S said…

    Hey, I tried to submit a comment and wound up having to create my own blog! So, if you are dying to know what's up in SoCal, the land of plenty, go to i-need-sheet-music.blogspot.com and find out.

    Thanks for the explanation on the paragraphs. I figured it had to be a software problem.

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Barb said…

    According to J and E, all you had to do was click the "Other" button in order to comment without becoming a blogger yourself. Maybe it was destiny.

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Well, not necessarily, mom, in between other things, I switched the commenting status to "allow anonymous commenting" which I think also provided the "other" option. Before you only could be a user of Blogger. Anyway, I'm glad the So-cal contingent has started blogging! I can't believe how many people have started blogging directly or indirectly because of my influence!! I think *I* might be the GrandBlogMother of them all!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home